Roomies

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
Twenty-one-year-old Tristan Fhaeral was currently cleaning up things in the kitchen, killing time before he had to leave for his college classes. His single violet eye shifted about the room, taking in the state of the room. He vaguely wondered if Colton was going to come and eat anything this morning. He had the feeling that his roommate was very bad at being an adult, or at least that was the feeling that he was getting. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about that one honestly, the young man working on cleaning up and allowing his thoughts to wander.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton Fletcher was sound asleep. The twenty-year-old had spent the entirety of the prior night playing video games, quite loudly as well. He had attempted to stay quiet, but as the night had gone on, the frustration had accumulated, a side effect of exhaustion. He had refused to acknowledge the exhaustion though, insisting to himself that he was fine, and just would play one more game. Eventually he had fallen asleep during the game, face-planting on his desk, almost nailing the keyboard. He had slept there a couple hours, before Tristan may here some movement coming from his room. He would not reveal himself however. It sounded more like he was crawling into bed, rather than getting out of it.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
The noises that had been going on all night had been heard but basically not acknowledged by Tristan. He wasn't thrilled with that because he did occasionally try to sleep but he was trying not to be a jerk. When he heard the slightly younger man stirring around he actually did make his way to Colton's room, poking his head in the open door and focusing his single-eyed gaze on the other. "Hey! Do you want breakfast? Also do you have classes?" he called out, realizing that his roommate was actually crawling into bed rather than getting up, which he probably should have been. "I get that you binge-played games all night but you should probably still eat..." His voice trailed off at this point and he waited to see if the other was going to have anything to say in response to this statement from him.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton merely grumbled at him unintelligible. He made no motions to rise, and attempted to cover his head with the sheets. He did in fact have a class in a couple hours, which he needed to get ready for, but he didn't appear to care. His room was also a wreck. There were clothes everywhere, it smelled a bit musty, and there were dirty dishes on his desk that had been sitting there a couple days. Tristan wouldnt be able to get a good view of his roommate quite yet, as his body was completely covered by the sheets.

"Turn of the lights. Trying to sleep." He mumbled.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
"A please would help your case in this instance," Tristan stated when Colton told him to turn out the lights, the young man shaking his head slightly at that. He didn't really appreciate being ordered around in such a manner, as was evident by the scowl that appeared on his face. He glanced around the room and added, "You really need to clean, this is kind of disgusting..." He wrinkled up his nose as he shook his head yet again, unsure of how the younger could even tolerate being in a room like this, nevermind living there.

"I'm not your maid, you need to keep the place livable," Tristan said, turning to leave without bothering to turn out the light or anything of that nature.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
"Whatever." Colton grumbled out as Tristan finished scolding him, attempting to roll over to go back to sleep. He would attempt this for a few minutes, ignoring the mention of his pigsty of a room, before eventually getting up. He had slept in his boxers that night, and didn't bother getting dressed as he walked into the kitchen. With how tired he was, getting dressed would be too much effort. It was much easier to just go out and something to drink, before figuring out what to do later.

As he entered the kitchen, he rolled his neck and shoulders, stretching a bit, and not caring about his current appearance, nor his room's filth looking like it was going to begin leaking out into the hallway. "So what do we have anyway?" Normally Colton would just close the door and go back to sleep, but for whatever reason he decided to get up this day. Now whether that was a good thing or a bad thing for those involved was yet to be discovered.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
After scolding his roommate, and wondering for all the world why it was that he had just done that, Tristan made his way back to the kitchen. It was clean at this point so the young man was just leaning up against the counter, still in this position when Colton decided to grace him with his presence. The dark-haired young man arched a brow slightly as Colton came into the kitchen in his boxers and asked what they had. "...whatever you bought, kid," he stated in a rather matter of fact tone of voice. "We share an apartment, I'm not your mama and I'm not supporting you..." It wasn't that he disliked the other young man or anything but it was starting to come across as if Colton expected him to take care of him or something and that wasn't quite what Tristan had signed up for. Although if the other man kept up with that particular attitude then Tristan might take a page out of his adoptive father's book and show Colton the error of his ways in a very hands on manner.

A passing thought more than anything since Tristan didn't really want to go to jail for assault and Colton was an adult, albeit not a very responsible one.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton grumbled slightly at Tristan's comment. "Well I'm sorry for asking a fucking question princess." He responded, maybe a little too loudly. It took him a minute, but he eventually decided to pour himself some cereal, grabbing a bowl from the cupboard.

"Don't fucking call me kid. I'm twenty, you're only a year older than me. I'm a fucking adult. Now grab me a spoon." He barked out as he sat on the stool, and had realized he forgot the spoon. The brown-haired man, with bags under his eyes, just glared at his roommate as he waited for a spoon expectedly. Colton was honestly as exhausted as he looked. His current plan was the eat something, and go back to bed. There were zero intentions of going to class today. He would catch up on that later, and make up some excuse as to why he couldn't make it.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
"I answered the question you asked, also refrain from cursing at me," Tristan said, shaking his head and actually rolling his eyes at what the younger had to say. "I do not do such to you and I do not appreciate the way that you're behaving currently. Pro tip, if you don't want to be called 'kid' then don't act like one."

The expression that appeared on Tristan's face when the entitled brat first cursed at him and then actually had the audacity to demand that he get a spoon for him was probably a kodak moment. "I'm one hundred percent not going to do that and I hope you were joking when you issued that order," Tristan said as the other just glared at him with that clearly expectant look. "Once again, I'm not your parent. If I was then you'd be learning a lesson on manners and taking better care of yourself, that's for sure." Honestly he was tempted to do something about it but once again that was assault and he didn't want to go down that road.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton sighed as he stood up and went to get a spoon. "I'm not acting like a fu..." He pauses a second, remembering how he got scolded, but then continues anyway. "Like a fucking kid. Fine. Whatever." He grumbled as he moved over to get the spoon. "What, you're going to act like a parent now? What you gonna just yell at me, then fuck off or something and pretend to care?" He shook his head grumpily as he grabbed a spoon and slammed the drawer with the utensils, albeit accidentally. He then got back to the table and sat down to eat in silence, aside from looking at his phone occasionally smiling at something.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
"No... if I was your parent you'd be over my lap getting your butt blistered for the disrespectful and entitled way you've been acting toward me," Tristan said calmly in response to that rant from the slightly younger man. "Also, I have not once raised my voice to you." He felt the need to add this bit since Colton had mentioned yelling, which he had not done. He did arch a brow at the 'pretend to care' bit. "Usually if you want people to care about you, you treat them in a manner that you would want to be treated..." He was wondering vaguely if this kid had ever been taught manners at all. Based on what he had observed he was going to hazard a guess that the answer to that unspoken question was no.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton paused at the calm warning that Tristan had given. That hadn't been expected at all. His face was slightly shocked as he looked over to the other. No one had really spoken to him like that before, and it showed. He was rendered completely speechless for a moment, before just just grumble wordlessly, but there were a few curses thrown in there grumpily.

"Whatever." He said to Tristan, realizing that he wouldn't win this. He attempted to finish the rest of his cereal in silence.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
"Great attitude to have," Tristan said when he heard the 'whatever' that was tossed out from the younger. "I hope you realize that if you fail your classes you won't be able to live here, it's student housing only..." He paused for a moment and then added, "Also, they do inspections and your room isn't going to pass." He wasn't sure if the kid just hadn't read the terms of their lease for this place or if he just hadn't cared. But it was becoming increasingly apparent that no one had really taught this guy how to be an adult. Which he thought was a shame because there wasn't really anyone around who was going to care whether Colton did what he was supposed to or not.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton ignored the first comment, mostly because he didn't really have anything to say rather than anything else. However, the reminder about the lease requirements cause him to sigh and emit a quiet "Yeah."

He had been dreading the inspections and grades. He had counted himself lucky that they hadn't inspected the room this far. As he finally finished his cereal, he drank the milk from the bowl and stood up. "Guess I'll be out of your hair soon then huh." He stated before making his way to his room and closing the door again.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
"Or maybe you could put in the effort and make sure that doesn't happen," Tristan said when Colton made the comment about being out of his hair, the young man again shaking his head. He watched as his roommate walked away and at that point he just rolled his eyes and left the kitchen, deciding that he was going to get ready for his own classes. He had already spent a large amount of time lecturing his roommate at this point so he was a little bit behind schedule.

Tristan made his way to his own room and grabbed his laptop, putting it into the carrying case and then slinging that over his shoulder. He grabbed the book for his first class and then turned to leave, walking out of his room and knocking on Colton's door as he walked by. "Go to class!" he called out as he made his way toward the front door.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
"Fine fine! God!" Colton yelled out as Tristan banged on his door. There was the sounds of ruffling behind the door as Colton got out of bed. He sighed as he looked at the time, noticing that he still could get there on time. So he grabbed the book for the class, tossed it into his bag. Afterwards he went through the clothes on the floor, sniffing some before finding which ones were the cleanest and throwing them on whether they matched or not. Then he grabbed his books and bag and headed out, still having massive bags under his eyes from the poor choice of staying up late.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
Tristan just pretended not to hear the yelling as he had knocked on the door and just kept walking. He left the apartment and made his way to class, sighing softly as he found a seat in the back and just zoned out. He didn't really need to pay attention in this class so he was only giving it partial attention at best. The lecture lasted for a couple of hours and then he left to go and grab some lunch, hoping that Colton would be in a better mood when he went home for the day. He wasn't sure what he was going to do if this became an everyday thing with the younger man. Especially the being awake at stupid o'clock playing video games and making noise, that had been an annoyance that Tristan did not wish to see repeated.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
The class had gone as well as Colton had expected. He sat in the back, away from everyone else. His attention span kept drifting away from the task at hand, as he didn't want to be there. The notes he had taken were careless at best. They weren't detailed, but did touch on every topic that had been spoken of that day.

After the class, he left quickly, and made his way back to the apartment. His exhaustion hadn't helped his attention, and he desperately needed a nap. So he quickly entered his room, tossed his clothes back onto the floor and fell asleep quickly. His door was wide open, and he snored away.

CleverFox

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
After finishing up his classes for the day Tristan made his way back to the apartment, picking up something for dinner on the way back as he wasn't really in the mood to cook. His adoptive father provided him with a very generous allowance so this was something that he could afford to do with no difficulty at all. He did get extra but he wasn't going to tell Colton that since he wasn't going to be inclined to share with the other if his roommate was going to be as much of a jerk as he had been during their interactions that morning.

Upon arriving back at the apartment Tristan of course noted that Colton's door was open, the young man shaking his head at that and just going about setting out the takeout that he had brought home.

Geo

Sep 7, 2019
Colton had been awake by the time that Tristan came back in from his classes. When he heard Tristan come in, he initially didn't say anything, keeping separate for a few minutes. Eventually, and with a sigh, he begrudgingly came out into the room, this time in briefs. He nodded at Tristan initially, not caring about his appearance. "I did go to class for the record. I only had one anyway today." He admitted as he began searching the pantry for the little food he had, which unfortunately wasn't too much. He hadn't gone shopping in a bit, so he was running rather low. After some searching, he got out a can of soup before searching for a bowl. The bowl that he had used this morning was still in its spot on the table, assuming Tristan hadn't taken care of it.