Little Trouble Maker

Pure Set

Oct 12, 2019

Keira sat in class, her blue eyes staring blankly at the chalkboard at the front as her teacher, spoke about poetry. Her other classmates, looked equally as bored, but there were a few that looked on with curiosity.

The twelve year old, short-haired brunette, lightly tapped her pencil on her open text book; her gaze drifting over the room with disinterest, as the teacher's voice trailed into a muffled jumble of words.

She fixated on the clock, ticking by on the wall, another hour of this class to go. And five more hours of her school day, and already she was done with it.

She raised her hand.

"Miss Catherine, may I use the restroom"? She asked in a perfectly formed sweet, innocent tone, she'd practiced.

She got a simple nod, before the teacher faced the board again as the lecture continued.

Keira got up and silently packed all her things into her book bag before anyone noticed, and hurried out the door and down the hall.

PearlGoth

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
Meanwhile, Keira's older sister Dawn was at their home tidying up the house. She still had a few hours before her interview with one particular tattoo parlor. She had just recently finished her training program to get her licensure. While the young woman was still employed as a bartender in a nightclub Dawn still wanted to earn more so she and her sister could afford to rent an apartment in a better neighborhood.

After putting away the vacuum cleaner she went to wash her hands followed by a trip to her bedroom to get her makeup bag. She eyed the small pile of paperwork on her bedside table which she forgot to store properly until this point which made her softly mumble under her breath. "씬댕"

The papers held her legal guardianship of Keira. It has been a few weeks since she was able to bright her here from their grandparents' home where Dawn had left her when she moved out to earn a living for herself and find her place before she could look after her sibling herself. Dawn wasn't sure how to be a proper guardian of someone but she was learning and the best she could do now was to make sure Keira was adapting well and not getting into any trouble while she worked for their future.

Pure Set

Oct 12, 2019
------
Keira walked through the empty school hallway on her way to the restroom; with no real urgency. She didn't actually have to go after all, it was only an excuse to get out of class, like every other time.

It'd been a few weeks now since her grandparents, she'd been staying with, dumped her off on her older sister; no longer wanting to deal with her themselves she figured.

Keira let out a heavy sigh as she stopped by the restroom door, looking up at it in distant thought. She could go in, hide in a stall, wait out the end of class like she tries often.

"...Maybe I could fake sick..."? Keira thought to herself. Only to quickly shake her head of the idea.

"No they'll call sis, and she'll know I'm faking... Then I'll have to stay at school anyway, and probably get detention... So I'll be stuck in this hell hole even longer...", She thought bitterly.

She looked around the empty halls and towards the main entrance, just around the corner. She knew the reception office sat right next to the entrance.

She thought it over in hesitation, gripping her bag strap, biting her lip. She'd never gone this far before to break the rules and cut class; but the idea was more than tempting.

And before she knew it, she was walking toward the main entrance, her heart pounding hard in her chest; her body tense and stiff. But she kept walking.

PearlGoth

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2019
After storing the paperwork away Dawn got her makeup bag and headed to the washroom to do her make up for the interview which took her around twenty minutes. Nothing far from the look she'd choose for herself on a daily basis since work in a tattoo parlor usually allows more than a natural makeup look. The young woman was grateful for that as she felt that her self expression wasn't attempted to be limited.

When she was done and had some time to spare she took one last look in the mirror before getting her phone and messaging her girlfriend of one year to see how she was doing. Her text message read the following.

"Hey beautiful, how are you feeling today?"

Pure Set

Oct 12, 2019
__

Keira peeked around the corner, looking for hall monitors or school staff on guard. Finding none, and only seeing the receptionist on the phone, writing down something as she spoke. Keira figured it was now or never.

Her heart threatening to lunge out of her throat, she rounded the corner, and tiptoed her way passed the office, dunking down under the window to avoid being spotted; before making a quick but quiet dash for the door when the receptionist turned away.

Her legs felt like cement, but she raced across the courtyard without looking back; and onto the sidewalk. Dashing down the street toward her apartment.

"Sis should be at her interview now, so I'll have the apartment to myself", Keira muttered aloud.

She was nervous, but a bit thrilled by the daring escape she performed. Feeling the adrenaline kick in and speed up her rush home.

~~~~

Yeon was drying off her long light, ash-brown hair with a white towel, from a fresh shower; another white towel wrapped around her slender body.

She sat in a chair in front of her vanity mirror in her room, listening to soft new age music peacefully, humming along with the instrumental sounds.

She heard the buzz of her phone on the vanity desk; peeking over at the lit up screen to see Dawn's name in the message notification.

Her light brown eyes lit up and she smiled, reaching over to pluck up the phone and open the message.

She read it and blushed at the compliment and concern from her girlfriend. She typed back quickly.

"Hello to you too gorgeous~ I feel refreshed, had a lovely shower. How are you feeling ? Are you nervous about the interview"? She sent the message, and set her phone down again, to continue drying her hair.

Last edited: